How do I know if a Retirement Residence is for me?
Some considerations to help you determine if moving to a retirement residence is for you would be:
- You are age 55 or older;
- You want to remain independent;
- Emergency medical help is important to you;
- Weekly housekeeping is an attractive amenity;
- You would enjoy the opportunity to meet new people in a social setting;
- You would enjoy having planned social and recreational activities available to you;
- You would enjoy having dinner “out” each evening;
- You would enjoy having a fitness room and indoor heated pool available for your use;
- You would welcome having someone else take care of outdoor chores and maintenance;
- You would like having scheduled transportation services available to you.
What does it mean that Silverwoods is on a Continuum of Care Campus?
Silverwoods is an Independent Retirement community renting large garden-style apartments on a 55 acre landscaped campus. In addition to Silverwoods, the campus also houses The Haven at Silverwoods Assisted Living Facility and The Arbors Care Center, a 120 bed nursing home. This means that if more personalized services are needed you don’t have to go far to get either assisted living or nursing care. This seamless continuum of care often means family members requiring different levels of care can live on the same campus for years to come.
What is included in the monthly rental fee?
Large garden-style apartments with porches * 24 hour emergency monitoring system * weekly housekeeping * resident health office on-site * clubhouse with pool, whirlpool, fitness center, library, arts and crafts room and fireplace * trash and snow removal * parking for you and your guests * and more!
Does Silverwoods charge an entrance fee?
No, at Silverwoods, there is no buy-in so you control your money
If Mom isn’t feeling well, can she have her dinner delivered?
Absolutely, Silverwoods staff will deliver meals for a nominal fee
Can Dad have a garden?
Yes, many of our residents enjoy maintaining a small garden outside their apartment